1) it was addictive.
2) it was super quick to make - done and served in 15 minutes.
3) this is not a paid promo post.
4) pasta is homemade spaghetti from scratch - here's the recipe I used.
It was light, refreshing, full of flavor, few ingredients, and just simply leaves you craving for more! This recipe is 2-3 servings.
Pasta (cooked spaghetti)
1 package smoked salmon (flaked)
- 1.5 cups of low-fat milk (I used skim)
- 1/2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp of butter
- 1.5 tbsp of flour
- 2 tbsp of chopped or grated strong cheese (I used swiss)
- 2 chopped stalks of green onions, garlic powder
- season with salt and black pepper
- capers (optional)
- lemon wedges
1. Start by sauteéing the green onions and garlic powder in the olive oil and butter for about 2 minutes - until fragrant
2. Add the flour, and make a thick paste (roux)
3. Add the milk slowly - about 1/2 cup at a time. Let the milk be fully incorporated and slightly thickened before adding more. Add milk until you reach your desired consistency
4. Make pasta according to package directions. When finished cooking, drain and toss with a splash of olive oil to keep the noodles from sticking.
4. Mix through the cheese and sprinkle of salt and black pepper to taste
5. Toss in the pasta and salmon until well coated and heated through
6. Serve with a sprinkle of capers and a fresh squeeze of fresh lemon
Share your recipe experiences with me in the comments below!
Recipe adapted from SeaChange: http://seachangeseafoodsandgifts.ca/fettuccine-alfredo-wit…/