- 0.5 kg beef (I used chuck steak, cut into medium cubes)
- 1 large sliced onion OR 10 pearl onions / shallots
- 3 carrots (sliced)
- 2 medium potatoes (cut into chunks)
- 1.5 cups mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 5-6 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2/3 cup beef or veggie stock (low sodium)
- 2 cups full-bodied red wine
- 1 bouquet garni (sprigs of parsley, thyme, cinnamon stick, and bay leave)
- season with salt and pepper.
1. Dry beef with paper towel or flour
2. Brown beef in heated pan on both sides
3. Sautee onions and garlic
4. Put all ingredients in crock pot, cover, and cook for 8-10 hours on low (overnight or while you're away during the day)
5. Serve when your busy life allows you to eat! Oh, and don't forget to pour yourself that glass of wine. I had mine with some nice french bread on the side to dip into the bourguignon.
Note: Usually, tomatoes aren't typically added to this dish, but I did because I wanted to add more vegetables.
Let me know how it goes; I would love to hear from you!