VOLUNTEER WITH NUTRIFOODIE'S NUTRITION SPRING CAMPS!
Our campers explore nutrition and healthy living through interactive activities, in depth discussions and cooking. We cook something healthy every day to facilitate those meaningful connections between young nutritionists and their food.
Volunteer Application Deadline: Feb 25th, 2016
Important to Note:
Volunteers will be required to get a criminal record check prior to commencing work, on their own account.
A letter of recruitment is provided by NutriFoodie, to be provided to your local RCMP department, once recruited.
This letter may reduce the cost of the criminal record check.
Clan Leader (2-4 positions)
Our Clan Leaders have their own mini-clan of campers and support the Lead Camp Instructor, Cristel, in daily camp activities including crafts, cooking, grocery tour, and other games/exercises.
Camp and Food Photographer (1 position)
Our photographer will join us for 2 days during the camps and snap as many pictures as you are able to.
"Cristel has put a lot of thought into the structure of the camp and everything is written out in a timeline. Each day after the camp, we would meet up and have a quick debrief to talk about the PROS and CONS so we know how to improve for the next day.
Angelina - NutriFoodie Volunteer, From Ground to Table camp (2014)
"I had the opportunity to contribute to creating a positive environment while sharing my passion for nutrition. I was able to work closely with students in small groups to familiarize them with the basics of cooking and ultimately help them cultivate a greater appreciation for food. Volunteering for the camp gave me the chance to improve my teaching and communication skills, both of which are equally important because the students come from varying backgrounds, have different skill sets and perceptions towards food and nutrition."
Mei - NutriFoodie Volunteer, Food for the Mind and Body (2015)
Benefits of working with NutriFoodie:
- Leadership: Develop and practice leadership skills by leading a small group of children that will be your team throughout the camp.
- Teaching: Practicing your teaching and educational skills by helping children learn nutrition and food-related concepts.
- Cooking and Eating: All of our camps have a cooking component - you will get an opportunity to learn tips, practice cooking and the best part - EAT DELICIOUS FOOD!
- Networking and Mentorship: Learn from working with a dietitian especially if you're interested in becoming a registered dietitian yourself. Also, by doing so, you will have a reliable mentor to review your dietetics application and/or give you field-related advice moving forward. In addition, you'll be working alongside of your like-minded, passionate, colleagues.
- Souvenir and Celebration: Celebrate FOOD and have FUN. In return of appreciating your help, you will get your own NutriFoodie apron, and go out for a celebratory meal with the NutriFoodie team.