This recipe is incredible. I used a few recipes to pull mine off, but don't worry, I'll pass on all the goods. Read below to find out how our nutriFoodie kitchen made this delicious, scrumptious, nutritious and dream-a-licious bowl of goodness featuring our favourite ingredients.
Get your spiralizer or peeler and get your zucchini spiralized - zucchini noodles = zoodles (brilliant!) I got my spiralizer from Superstore for less than $25.
Avocado + Chicken Alfredo Zoodles
- 2 Zucchini
- 7 chicken thighs or 2 breasts
- Fresh Basil (3 stems, or 2 tbsp, chopped)
- 2 large avocados (or 4 small ones)
- 1.5 cups of low fat dairy milk or almond milk
- 1/2 cup of low fat parmesan cheese (grated)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of chili oil (split)
- 1 tbsp of sundried tomatoes
- 1 tsp of lime juice
- Salt & Pepper
- Sliced Almonds (garnish; optional)
- Heat up the grill; high temperature
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken thighs for 7 minutes on each side (or large breasts for 10-15 minutes on each side). Here's a chart for more guidelines on cooking different cuts of chicken
- In a food processor or blender, add in milk, avocado, cheese, garlic, lime juice, salt, and 1 tbsp of the chili oil. Blend for 2 minutes until super silky smooth. Taste and adjust based on your preference. For me, I love garlic, and used all 3 cloves for a super garlicky sauce.
- Pre-heat a pan at medium heat with 1 tbsp of chili oil
- Spiralize the zucchini into long noodles.
- Here's a cool trick, in each plate that I was going to be serving the meal in, I placed some zoodles and microwaved them for 1.5 minutes on high. When done, remove and strain water. The longer they sit, the more water will come out.
- Toss in cooked chicken, sundried tomato and sauce in the pan. Mix very gently until they're well combined and the sauce starts gently bubbling. This should indicate that the flavours have come together and ready to serve (always taste it before serving... like a chef!)
- Mix in the fresh basil
- Spoon sauce over each plate of zoodles (don't forget to strain any water first)
- Top with extra fresh basil and sliced almonds for crunch