If you're a fan of blue cheese, trust me you will like this!
- 2 cups lettuce (shredded, not chopped)
- 1 bunch asparagus spears (blanched)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 4-5 radishes (circular slices)
- 1/4 red onion (thinly sliced rings)
- 8-12 slices prosciutto (light/low fat, very thin slices)
- 1/4 cup blue cheese (crumbled)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (halves).
Low-Fat Blue Cheese Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp white wine or 1 tbsp white white vinegar
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper
- splash of skim milk, if you want to thin the dressing
1. To blanch asparagus, bring water to a boil and prepare an ice bath or very cold water separately. Drop the asparagus in the boiling water for only 2 min. Then remove and place in the ice bath; this will cease the cooking and result in bright green and crunchy vegetables. Remove from ice bath and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Mix dressing. In a small bowl, mash blue cheese and yogurt together with a fork. Stir in mayonnaise, lemon juice, vinegar, and garlic powder until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Note: I didn't have the 1tbsp white wine vinegar, so I used double the amount in regular white wine (2 tbsp). I also wanted the dressing consistency to be more runny, so I thinned it out with skim milk.
3. Assemble salad on a plate or platter. First, place shredded lettuce on the plate followed by evenly distributing the onion rings, radish slices, and tomatoes over top. Next, lay asparagus spears in a circular fashion (like in the photo) then top with prosciutto slices, walnut halves and crumbled blue cheese. Last, drizzle the dressing over top and voila!
Please share your experiences with the recipe in the comments below!
Recipe for dressing adapted from Skinny Taste